Maalox Maximum Strength Total Stomach Relief Peppermint Liquid (Novartis Consumer)
Active Ingredient: Purpose:
(in each 15 m * )
525 mg..............................................Upset stomach
*15 mL = 1 tablespoon
Uses: · upset stomach · heartburn · nausea · fullness · indigestion
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Do not take this product if you are: · allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are · taking a prescription drug for anticoagulation (blood thinning), diabetes, gout, or arthritis · taking other salicylate-containing products (such as aspirin)
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- symptoms last more than 2 days
- ringing in the ears or a loss of hearing occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health care professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
Directions: · shake well before using
- adults and children 12 years of age and older: 2 tablespoons (30 mL) every 1/2 hour to 1 hour, as required, not to exceed 8 tablespoons (120 mL) in 24 hours.
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
- each tablespoon contains: sodium 3.3 mg
- each tablespoon contains: salicylate 232 mg
- store at controlled room temperature 20-25°C (68-77°F)
- keep tightly closed and avoid freezing
Inactive Ingredients: carboxymethylcellulose sodium, ethyl alcohol, flavor, methylparaben, microcrystalline cellulose, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, salicylic acid, sodium salicylate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
Questions? call 1-800-452-0051 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
U.S. Patent No. 5,904,973
Made in Canada